Monday, July 9, 2012

Good morning, Portland!


I've always considered myself a night owl. I hate to say goodbye to another day.  I read, I watch TV, I facebook.  I do a lot to fight sleep.  My bedtime is between 1:30 and 2am.  That bedtime is the same time my alarm rang today and will ring five days per week for the forseeable future.  

Ah, the morning show.  You might think I'm about to complain about waking up while most people are in their REM cycle-but I'm not.  I've been in love with morning shows since I started in TV.  I DVR the Today show and watch it at night. I love the pace of morning TV.  I love the energy.  I love the license we're given to have a little fun.    But… if I had to pick my very favorite thing about the morning show it would be the sunrise.  I don't know if there's anything more beautiful than watching the sun come up over the Cascades.  Everyday it's different.  Some days it's more spectacular than others-but everyday it reminds me that I have a clean slate.  A new day to enjoy.   So… even though I'll be in my REM while you are all eating dinner I'm not complaining, not for a second.  I'm thrilled to be able to wake you up every morning. 


My first morning show sunrise (7-6-2012).  Sherbet skies!

1 comment:

wildwestgi said...

Best of luck with this new assignment. Before retirement I worked a midwatch or graveyard shift with a Sheriff's Office in Nevada for 17 years and then we moved to
Vancouver. Love the area but still can't help but stay up until 3 or 4 in the AM!

You will do great in the AM but we will miss your smiling face on the evening and weekend reports