Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A look at my "Sunday drive"

My mom has always said, "pictures without people are boring."  I apologize in advance to you folks who agree with her-but I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures along my drive through Tillamook State Forest this afternoon. 


I know I've said it before-but road trips really clear my mind and help remind me of how lucky I am.  Driving down Highway 6 today-I was taken aback by how stunning this area is.  I caught a bald eagle soaring overhead.  I saw several birds in formation headed south. I spotted at least a half dozen waterfalls and of course everywhere I looked I saw trees adorned with vibrant colors. 


I swear-it's the best therapy around.  Hop in your car and head for the hills if you're feeling down. 
Everywhere you look there are creeks and rivers flowing to the Pacific Ocean.

A spectacular lookout near the summit of the Coast Range.

Lots of yellow leaves!


I wonder how the fly fishing is here?  

One of many waterfalls feeding the river.

The closer I got to Tillamook, the more the trees have lost their leaves.

A bridge for hikers in the distance.  Great day for a hike!

It's a waterfall-rotate your screen-I forgot to rotate this picture-sorry :)


Moss is everywhere!  Rains here a ton!

More green, mossy trees.

I love old farm houses!  Isn't this a gorgeous view?

Same house...a little further back.  What a beauty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked reading about your first impressions of Oregon. Too bad the entries have stopped. Please continue.